Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Princess Weights Time!

Well they say the beauty of training for years is a little something called Muscle Memory. Now i have trained my entire life and dont ever remember being sedentary for more than a week. So this Muscle Memory thing is something i have never experienced before so mine better have a photographic memory! I'm really not sure what to expect, but i am hoping they just harden up really fast, and the increase in metabolism i'll get from from weight training will allow the last few kgs of body fat to melt off quick smart (in conjunction with my PN/alkaline nutrition plan)!...Not too much to ask for!

Today was the day that i got to awaken my little guns from a 55 day long induced coma lol. And fuck it felt good! I was so excited to be pumping some iron again...3kg Princess Dumbells and a 10kg Ezycurl Bar were my weapons of choice this morning and boy did i get a pump! That feeling you get as your muscles contract, and the blood is surging in, and the veins are glowing- yep the burn felt awesome! I was really careful not to go heavy cos tearing scar tissue is not an option for me. However i did a pretty big session- Shoulders, Bi's and Tri's supersetted into 4 tri-sets with 3 sets in each. 12-15 rep range. And 12 hours later, the doms are kicing in! ... Hopefully i wont be too stiff in the morning cos its leg day!

Feeling like my old self again...back in the game.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Hope you have an awesome leg session my doms from yesterdays leg session are kicking in OUCH! Have fun training nowabd be careful!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you have it all under control Chelle. Aren't we all just suckers for punishment........DOMS pain gotta love it! Keep having fun girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay that you can finally train again! how are those lovely muscles feeling today? i couldnt imagine having that long off training. Would drive me crazzzzzy ;o)

    have a great new year! xx

    ReplyDelete