Sunday, June 12, 2011

Operation Photo Shoot (OPS): Week 1

Isn't this cold snap the pits?! I'm sitting here sipping my black coffee, wearing four layers of clothing.... and looking like an eskimo oompa loompa lol. For those of you who don't know me, I am a SINGLET girl. I DON'T DO SLEEVES!!!

Anywho, i have had a successful week of being sugar free. Ditching the sugar had made such a difference to the way i feel, you have NO IDEA. No cravings for chocolate, dessert or any 'naughty food' in general. And because i am feeling so good about myself i am not even thinking about those foods that once had their own VIP section in my mind lol. To add to that, my training has been killer this week. I have felt so strong and UNSTOPPABLE that i have been able to really push my limits... and that of my training partners'. I also smashed my 10k PB by 34secs too. 50:54mins. The thought of running a sub 50 scares me a little. That means i have to cruise at 12kph on the treadie but i will give it a crack on tuesday!

Onto the exciting stuff....

As you know, i have been lost for a BIG fitness goal for quite sometime time now. I had been umming and arring about doing another show but have decided against it, purely for the reason that dieting and studying doesn't mesh well together. Also too, having gone sugar free i feel like i am gaining control over this bingeing thing so i also don't want any 'prep stress' to put me backwards either.

So as you can tell from the Title, I have booked a photoshoot instead!!! It's 13 weeks away from Friday (just gone) and i am super excited!! The date is concrete which has brought a lot more focus to my mindset. My previous 'weight-loss' goals didn't have a definite time-limit, so i would always 'justify' my slip ups. Not this time. It is GAME ON.

I know exactly how i want to look like, and whether that is 3kgs away or 4, i don't want to get toooooo caught up in reaching a specific number anymore. Having said that i will be weighing in on fridays, tracking my progress and most importantly how i feel at each benchmark.

SO here are my starting stats:

Week 1: 10/06/2011
Weight: 62.9kg


In my head i'd like to see 59 but i do need to remember that anything below 60.8kg is technically 59... You know what i'm talking about! haha

SO there you have it. I have a GOAL. And i am going to get there in a HEALTHY, BALANCED and STRESS-FREE way.

On a final note, i have been kicking arse at uni too! I get my grades back for Foundation Pscyhe B on tuesday - i only need a pass on my last exam to end up with a Distinction overall... so just quietly, i think i have got that one in the bag :). I have my Foundation Psyche A exam in a couple weeks time. I only need 54/100 on the exam for A Distinction but if i can pull off 74/100 i will get a High Distinction!

SO time to stop procrastinating and study study study!!

4 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting that your weather is usually opposite of ours, right? We are in hot and humid time of year! LOL Good for you with your awesome goal!! You will OWN it I know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellygirl - Yep, we are right in the middle of a cold, miserable winter. It doesn't snow here, but its waaaay too cold for me. I don't know how you cope with snow lol!.... Very excited about my goal too, now just got to stick to the plan. Bring on that sexy six-pack WOOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!! That's a great goal :-)
    Question for you - if you want to share that is - who did you book the shoot with and what style shoot are you thinking? I am hanging to have one done too just so confused about all the options?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Vic! I'm doing my shoot with Oliver Kuo Photography. We're doing 2hr in-studio shoot. I want to do a 'body art' type of shoot, so probably lingerie or biiknis as opposed to gym wear but i really haven't thought about it too much yet. Once my exam is over NEXT MONDAY i will surf the net for some ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete