Thursday, December 1, 2011

Highs and Lows

Gosh time flies when you're having fun you have a lot of uni deadlines lol. In a nutshell, the following sums up the last four months of my blogland disappearance:

Work:
1 x Gladstone/Rockhampton trip
1 x Townsville/Mackay trip
1 x Cairns/ Atherton Tablelands trip
Killed my quarterly budget :)

Uni:
2 x High Distinctions
2 x Distinctions
1 x Letter from the Assoc. Professor of the Uni - I'm ranked no. 2 out of 434 students WOOT WOOT!!
GPA = 6.5

HOLIDAYS:
Just got back from a weeks' holiday in SYDNEY! It was sooooo much fun!
I stayed with my aunty, caught up with four girlfriends, bought a pair of HOT sunnies, discovered a hot new clothing label - HENLEY, drank way too many cappacinos, had a drink at The Ivy - super swank club

Did the Bondi Beach to Coogee coastal walk and back (18km including walking to and from the train station - omg my legs were SHATTERED but i am sporting a very nice tan!)

Did The Spit Bridge to Manly harbourside walk (11km through the bush - it was suppose to be 9km, but we took a few wrong turns lol)

Can i also say the food in Sydney is amazing and sooo much cheaper then Brissie - you also don't need to dine in a fancy restaurant, it's all about local talent. I ate out at a Thai restaurant, Korean BBQ restaurant (that was cool, you have a BBQ grill built into your table), The Carrington pub which do delicious mexican tapas and of course at my auntys' place - she's an amazing cook too. Also had yum cha and i did try a cupcake from this gourmet cupcake parlour - sorry guys, i don't see what all the fuss is about, for $5 all i tasted was waaaay too much sugar ... give me the Lindt cafe anytime ;-)

On that note, with all the highs comes the lows ... another name for an ego check ;-)

As you know i had my BFF Demi over from Greece mid year. She went back home in August and it hit me really hard. To be honest, i was pretty messed up for a couple months. I guess i was sad, pretty depressed and i had let my emotions get the better of me. I lost motivation in just about everything, especially my diet and my training.... another reason why my blog fizzled. I resorted back into cycles of bingeing, which in turn made me feel worse and because i was eating waaaay to much chocolate shit, i just had no energy to train properly. I stopped running and my Zuzana workouts became very inconsistent too. Combine all of that with work trips and uni assessment and i was starting to lose myself down a black hole...again...

My holiday (off work until next Monday) has been such a great mental refresher so far. I have realised that you cant go without any personal (fitness) goals for too long without losing your way and your sanity. Only a few months back i was running 48min 10kms, this morning i went for my second 7km run since September i think! and the grand time was 36:55min and boy i felt like i was piggybacking my overweight Husky (she lives with my parents, and in the five years i have lived out of home, she has mysteriously gained 10 fuckin kilos! OMG i had a go at them yesterday! that's a whole other story!) - running at 7:30am on the first day of summer didnt help either - i looked like i had showered outside lol. But it still felt awesome to pound the grass, work up a sweat and kick some arse!

Anywho, i am ready to BRING IT! I have some SUPER EXCITING GOALS that will come out of the woodworks in the next week or so. So stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment